Friday, September 10, 2004

Movie reviews

This past weekend Eric and I rented some older movies, but we thought that they were pretty good flicks.

The first one we rented was Stark Raving Mad with Sean William Scott playing a good, bad guy. It also has Lou Diamond Phillips and Dave Foley in it. It is about Scott's character who is repaying a debt of his dead brother back to Phillip's character. He is trying to rob a bank by having a big rave party in the club right next door to cover their work on the bank. It is a comedy and the soundtrack rocks since it is all John Digweed! Actually, I bought the two disc soundtrack thinking that it was just a Digweed album and then I found out that there was a movie of the same name. I looked it up on the web to find out what it was about and it looked good so we checked it out. I recommend it.

The other movie we rented was Pieces of April with Katie Holmes. It is a smaller, low key movie, but I enjoyed it. Maybe it is because I loved Dawson's Creek, but don't hold that against me like Eric does. Katie Holmes plays a character that is very different from Joey Potter in this movie. She is a goth dressed chick that lives on the poor side of NYC. The movie is about her inviting her family over for Thanksgiving dinner since she has not seen them in a long time. Her mother and her never got along and now that her mom is dying of breast cancer she wants to do something for her family so that she can see her mom again and try to fix their relationship. Most of the movie is Holme's character trying to make dinner which she has never done and meeting some interesting neighbors in her building including Sean Hayes as a weird, uptight, OCD man. Her family is very weird and as they drive in to the city, they try many times to turn around and not go at all. I would recommend this movie, I really enjoyed it and the end is a little suprise.

No comments: