Saturday, January 03, 2009

New Years Car Repair

I had another chance to show off my man powers again today by changing the spark plugs on our Pontiac. As usual, my man powers were mostly thwarted by the engineers at GM.

I want to punch each and every one of the guys that designed the engine of my car in the balls. Everything is working now, but I knew I was in trouble when my father (who is a mechanic) first looked under the hood and said "where the heck are the spark plugs?" (questions similar to "what/where the heck is that?" seem to occur a lot with this car). After we found the spark plugs under a metal plate on top of the engine, my father heads off leaving me to swap out the spark plugs.

Everything was going fine until I tried to put that plate back. It took me 40 minutes to get the f$#@ing cover back on the spark plugs because between the plate and each spark plug was a rubber gasket. Because of all the other hoses and pipes around the top of the engine, getting that plate in was a bitch. Every time I would try to get it into position, I would knock one of the rubber gaskets off that connect the spark plug to the ignition system and have to start over! The neighbor actually came over to have a look at why I was swearing in my driveway :)

No comments: