Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Babies R Us

So its getting closer to baby time and I'm finally starting to freak out about it a little bit. I mean, its a freaking BABY! A little person. And more importantly its OUR little person. How the fuck does this work? I mean, the baby is going to come out; we get like a day in hospital to figure everything out, and then its "so long, good luck with that!".

Before our baby class this week, I was really kind of mellow about the whole thing. Since that class, its like a switch has been flipped in my head. All I've been thinking about is all the ways I could really screw this up. Nothing specific. Just a general dread that this is all going to end very badly.

Someone tell me this is normal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's normal, not that I know from personal experience but working at a child psych center for 3 yrs and A LOT of babsitting since 11, you 2are normal parents!! You'll be fine! Don't worry about messing up or not doing things exactly as routine, it happens and the kid is (will) be more normal because of it! Sue, Ill see you on Sunday :)

Sue said...

It is normal. Everybody freaks out! You are great with babies and kids and I know you will be a wonderful daddy!

Tophiferous said...

It's too early to be freaking out yet... cool out man ;) Besides you'll be fine, just know which end to feed and which to put the diaper on.