Sunday, August 05, 2007

Vegas next week

It's like 2:00 in the morning, but I can't sleep for whatever reason. I think I'm too excited for our trip to Vegas next week! Wooooo!!!! Viva Las Vegas baby! Fear the awesome power of Eric and Sue drunk from 2:00pm on! Sue's sisters are in for quite an eye opening experience with me. I'll have to keep the drinking around them to a minimum. Oh well. We already told them to assume that if they make plans that require me to be anywhere before noon, they might as well just count me out.

Lately I'm hating this working at home thing. Yea, the "no pants" days are alright. But damn it I want to TALK to people sometimes. Just to joke about stuff or argue about politics. Sue and I have pretty much the same politics, except that I would say Sue is a little more liberal than I am in a few places.

I guess what I am saying is that I am bored with my life at the moment. I love Sue and I love spending time with her, but I miss seeing other people. The Detroit peeps are awesome of course, but the fact that we live 45 minutes away limits what can actually happen on a random Wednesday night or whatever.

And you know what else? I'm sick of myself whining about this and then not doing anything about it. I feel like I'm stuck in the never ending cycle where I complain about stuff in my life but I never actually do anything about it. Like lately I have been complaining (mostly to myself) that I have started to get a little pudgy around the middle. Do I exercise? No. Do I eat different? Nope. It's like I'm trying to change myself by just wishing shit was different. We all know how well THAT is going to turn out.

Fuck, I need to get motivated. That's my real problem. I'm not motivated enough to change yet. I feel like a drug addict watching my life disappear around me. Only I don't even have smack to blame for slowly dragging my spirit down.

This blog started out so happy. How did I end up here? Oh well, its late and I need to get some sleep I guess. Stupid brain dump.

1 comment:

Paul said...

You need more hobbies and/or more challenges... boredom causes us to create (hopefully)