Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sue's late blog


Set list:

*Too Much
*Dream Girl
*You Might Die Trying
*Stir It Up [tease] Crush
*#27
*Corn Bread
*Don’t Drink the Water
*Grey Street
*Gravedigger +Eh Hee
*The Idea Of You
*Stand Up [For It]
*~Jimi Thing
*Louisiana Bayou
*Everyday
*Stay (Wasting Time)
*#40 [tease]
Encore:
+So Damn Lucky
+All Along The Watchtower *
Show Notes:
+ Dave Solo
~ Joe Lawlor


So last week Eric and I went to the Dave Matthews Band concert at Pine Knob (DTE amplitheatre) without Sippie (long, nerdy story). Pete Yorn opened for them and they were pretty cool. I knew nothing about him before seeing him. He had 5 guitarists which was cool.


Then there was a 30 minute rain/severe thunderstorm delay. Dave Matthews came onto the stage by himself and basically said that this storm was something you shouldn't fool around with so everyone on the lawn should come into the pavilion to seek shelter while it storms and then they would start once everyone was back in there spots. Great idea!! Not! After the storm the ushers tried to get people out but a lot of bitches decided to stay in the pavilion. There were three 17 year old hoes, who did not know any of the songs, that decided to stand in our row in front of people. No one else decided to say anything so when one of the chicks thought of moving in front of Eric and I, I said "No way. Do you have a ticket for here?" <dumb nod>"Yeah right, there is no room for this bull. I do not think so." So she sheepishly scooted out of our area and kept looking at me when she thought of scooting over. Yeah that is right I threw down. I was ready to throw their asses out when Eric said it is fine. Just leave it. Usually I sit back and take it but I was sick of bitchy hoes trying to ruin my concerts; but I digress.


All in all Dave Matthews Band put on a great show as always as music goes. I gotta say though, I am disappointed in their stage decorations and light show. They had signs every where about how green their tour was and then they have hundreds of bright, blind the audience lights. They also had 3 large video screens behind the band that half the time displayed the band playing in close up and the other half had these stupid images that were supposed to go with the songs. The whole set made me think "Sell out". It should be about the music not the huge lights and video especially with a band with so much talent.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

That kinda sucks about the showiness of the concert...but I'm sure he played well. I'm glad you had a good time. -joyce