Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I am ready to rock!!!!


Saturday night Eric and I took my two little sisters to the Bad boys of Rock tour at the Chesaning Showboat which takes place in my lame hometown of Chesaning. Now generally they have lame acts that only old and rotting people enjoy and they never sell out. Of course the only day they have ever sold out was this year with this night of rock. Maybe they will continue and have more good bands, but I digress.


This was the first time ever that so many swear words were screamed out at the Showboat because my hometown is lame and "Conservative". It was great! The tour had 4 bands. The Exies a smaller band that I have never heard of opened. They were pretty good. Next was Buckcherry. Do I need to say anymore? They fuckin rocked! My favorite song by them, "Crazy bitch". Next was Paparoach and they always fucking rock!! They were my favorite band of the 4. The headliner was Hinder. They were pretty cool, although they were the lamest of the three bands. It was a pretty cool concert overall. It was fun screaming a lot of swear words and jamming to a lot of songs about sex and drugs in the spot that I graduated from high school!


After the concert, Eric and I met up with my best friend from high school Mo and here hubby Tim who were also at the concert. We headed over to the Oakley Family Tavern, a small bar in the neighboring town. Oakley is so small that if you blink you miss it. All they have is a gas station and two bars. The Family Tavern is awesome because #1 the alcohol is dirt cheap and #2 the kitchen is open until 1:30 am. A small mug of Amber Boch draft was $1. Yeah that is right, $1!! And a Jack and Coke was $1.50! It was so awesome! The rule is that everytime you buy a drink you have to talk about how cheap it is. Everyone buys each other drinks cause it is so cheap. It was a great weekend.


2 comments:

Eric said...

It was a blast. Songs about sex, drugs, AND rock and roll all in one night? Oh yes!

Kieno said...

Did someone say "Cheap"?......