Saturday, September 09, 2006

Way of the Master

Kirk Cameron...what the heck are you thinking?

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

Listening to these two prattle on really makes me wonder how the human race even survived this long. Each of the three videos annoy me in different ways (at least the first few minutes anyways. I couldn't make it all the way through any of them):

1) Ah, the classic neo-conservative fear tactic: "You and all your family members, friends, and coworkers are all going to burn in hell unless you do what we say is the ONE TRUE FAITH!"

2) Summary: "Hi, I'm Kirk Cameron. I'm an actor with no background in science, but I can claim with 100% certainity why intellegent design is right and evolution is completely wrong." Just STFU and get back to doing what you do best: sappy, over the top sitcoms.

3)I think this one may in fact be the worst of them all. Summary: "Logic and reason prevent you from believing. If you are using them in your life, then you are clearly living in sin and you are going to die". I don't think I even need a punch line for this one, do I?

I have no problem with faith. Really, I don't. I think its greater that you can look at something and see something higher. That part I'm fine with. Its this whole "My god is the right one and everyone else is going to Hell if they don't follow the exact rules my God laid out. Your life would be just perfect if only you see that" bull that I immediately rejcet.

Sigh...Where's that bottle of 151 again?? I need to get intoxicated to get the taste of this out of my mouth.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I used to like Kirk Cameron and now he is a super-religious, nazi freak with way too many children. He must die!

So many people in the world with that religious crutch and weakness, not enought lions and guns...

Eric, why can't you just talk to your family like this, then you wouldn't have to lie anymore. ;)

Anonymous said...

Upon clicking one of the numbered icons, I noticed one of my viewing options was "watch high". My only thought was, "It's the only way I could do it."

-Chris

R said...

Oh, come on. Kirk Cameron puts the 'fun' in fundamental!

...or was it the 'mental'...?

"...now he is a super-religious, nazi freak.... He must die!" lawl, please tell me that was irony.