Saturday, February 25, 2006

Moving on Up (in this case, North)

I've gotten a new software engineering job with a company in Michigan and I have agreed to take it. An old buddy of mine from my last job recommended me and we just could not turn down their offer.

I've lived in Alabama 4 years almost to the day now. Most of it has actually been really great (despite what the name of my blog domain might otherwise imply). Lots of new friends, great job, great coworkers, and new career for my wife. It feels odd to say that I may even miss it a bit.

My start date is March 20, and I have 6 months or so to make the move. So we will be here a bit longer until we can manage to sell my house. In the mean time, its time to drink, celebrate, and revel in our return to four distinct seasons.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!! Kelly

Eric said...

Soon my friend. Very soon. Although I don't like the sound of a "a going away party". I think we will need several:)

R said...

Congratulations Eric. I know y'all have been wanting to move back there so that's pretty sweet.

Anonymous said...

Awesome guys! Congrats! Don't forget as you're truckin' back up 75, you can always make a pitstop in Dayton!

Chris + Michelle

Sue said...

yeah, Chris and Schelle! Hi. We may take you up on that offer...