Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Verizon iPhone

Sue and I are finally moving into the 21st century and getting a real smart phone. We currently are under contract with Verizon and since I've never had any trouble with their network, I'm looking to continue there. For Sue, we are planning to get an iPhone 4, since we already have pretty heavy buy-in for Apple products (including a LOT of iTunes music). As an added bonus, this will also means that people can once again send us text messages without feeling like they owe us a quarter every time they press SEND.

For myself though, the wait will be longer. I really want a Windows 7 phone, but you can only get those with T-Mobile and AT&T. I'm not really interested in switching to either of those networks (T-Mobile's network seems too small, and AT&T's network seems to...well...suck). Sprint and Verizon should have them by June. Stupid CDMA networks. Why can't they use GSM like every other network on Earth?

No comments: