Monday, December 18, 2006

Weekend ventures



















Eric and I had a great weekend. Friday night we went to Bleu again, my fave club in Detroit. An old friend from high school that I have recently reconnected with, mentioned that DJ Icey was going to be spinning so we went to check him out since we had not heard of him. As always the music at Bleu rocked hard. The opening DJ was pretty awesome too! I am not sure what type of techno to classify Icey as but it was full of hard beats and seemed to have a tinge of jungle at times. Everytime we are at Bleu they play Eric and my fave new song "Put your hands up for Detroit" (you can sample this here at Eric's Myspace page). We danced the night away with my old friend Jen, who I just saw again Friday after 9 years, and with some of her friends. It was tons of fun. It is good to find more people that love techno as much as we do that are close by. Eric and I met because of dancing and we just love to groove to techno. I was pretty bummed by the lack of glow stick action, oh well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Icey spins break beats. I saw him at least 2 or 3 times in Huntsville at either Vinyl or Axis (I can't remember what it was called back then). His music is quite up beat. It is good to hear that you and Eric are still getting down. Some of HPP went to eleven50 on Saturday. It was fun as always.

-Ryan

Sue said...

Icey is pretty cool. Glad to here that HPP is still getting down at good old eleven50. I keep getting their email newsletter and they have had some great DJ's lately.