Saturday, September 17, 2005

Slurpee turns 40

Salon.com: The Slurpee at 40

Why must I read articles like this when I am living 300 miles from the nearest 7-11?!?!? Why God! Why?!?! How I miss that rush of completely empty sugar calories, caffeine, brain freeze that only a Coke slurpee can deliver...

According to the article, "Here in the United States the drink is most beloved in Detroit...". Wikipedia also points out that more Slurpees are consumed per year in Detroit then anywhere else in the USA. I think both of these articles must have been based on older data. I'd be willing to wager there was a significant drop in total consumption in that region right around the time Sue and I left:)

2 comments:

Eric said...

Thanks Kien. But to keep them in business you would have to consume at least 2 a day to make up for Sue and I:)

Anonymous said...

DAMN IT! WHERE HAVE ALL THE SLURPEES GONE????