Thursday, February 10, 2005

Valentine's Day

ValentIne's Day is really just an overemphasized card holiday. It is "celebrated" to make men spend tons of money on things that women don't really need but want as a sign that they are loved for at least one day out of the year. The history of it is not that romantic or happy but you can learn more about on the History Channel web site.

Still, I am a romantic at heart and I am in a wonderful relationship with a wonderful man that makes me feel loved everyday. This blog is for Eric. I don't want to make anyone puke, but I believe that Eric and I are truly soul mates. It was strange but when I first met him I knew that he was the one and it was like finding that missing half of your heart. Now I don't NEED a man to make me feel whole, that is not what I am getting at, but I do believe that having that special person in your life just makes life better. I still have to say again that the secret to a good and happy marriage is laughter! We laugh everyday at least once, usually many times.

Here are the lyrics to a beautiful song by Martina McBride that sums up how I feel about my dear Eric:

Born To Give My Love To You

I don't know what brought us here
Something in the stars said you and me
I don't know where this feeling comes from
Surely it was meant to be
For I have known you even in my dreams
My eyes are open, my heart can see

CHORUS:As sure as stars light the midnight sky
As sure as children wonder why
As sure as newborn babies cry
I was born to give my love to you
Born to give my love to you

Heaven must be holding on
To all the love I'm feeling now
Here we are this is the moment
I believe it's our turn somehow
Hearts together, hands across the night
One forever, finally in sight

(REPEAT CHORUS)I was born to give my love to you
(I was born to give my love to you)
I was born to give my love to you
I was born to give my love to you

2 comments:

Eric said...

<blush> Ahhhhhhh...

Sue said...

Thanks! So are you and Sue!